Our objective is to work side-by-side with people who are passionate about leading the way with others toward solutions that work.
Committed leaders emerging from every corner of society, working together to create a sustainable world: Enlightened, Empowered, Engaged.
Mary A. Ferdig, Ph.D.
Mary A. Ferdig, Ph.D., co-founded the Sustainability Leadership Institute in 2004 with colleagues in Vermont and Colorado. Each founder brought unique backgrounds and expertise to their shared commitment to support leaders seeking integrated environmental, social and economic sustainability. Ferdig’s role as President/CEO is informed by her 35+ years of leadership and organizational development experience in the US/Canadian utility industry, as well as other business sectors, nonprofits, and government organizations. As a seasoned practitioner, Ferdig facilitates strategy development, problem-solving, organizational change, and conflict management, though perhaps most enjoys teaching graduate students. Ferdig holds B.S. and M.A. degrees in human communication studies, emphasis psychology, at the University of NE, Omaha and a Ph.D. in organizational development and change at Benedictine University, Chicago, IL.
Omaha, NE and Paonia, CO
Walnut Creek, CA
The Sustainability Leadership Institute (SLI) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) research and development organization that supports sustainability leaders who recognize they'll never know enough—on their own—about what it takes to respond to the ever-changing complexity of our world.
- Benedictine University, Lisle, IL
- Complexity and Management Centre, Hertfordshire University, Hatfield, England
- College of Saint Mary, Omaha, NE
- Morningside College, Sioux City, IA
- University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE
- School of Communication, College of Communication, Fine Arts and Media
- School of Public Administration, College of Public Affairs and Communities Services
- University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Building Beauty: Ecologic Design and Construction, Sorrento, IT
- City Sprouts, Omaha NE
- Green Omaha Coalition, Omaha, NE
- ICAN: Institute for Career Advancement Needs, Omaha, NE
- Institute of General Semantics, Forest Hills, NY
- Joslyn Institute for Sustainable Communities, Lincoln, NE
- Keystone Policy Center, Keystone, CO
- Nebraska Appleseed, Lincoln, NE
- Nebraska Recycling Council, Lincoln, NE
- No More Empty Pots, Omaha, NE
- Pachamama Alliance, San Francisco, CA
- Saving Grace Perishable Food Rescue, Omaha, NE
- US Green Building Council, NE Flatwater Region